- Soccer Home
- Saturday Club
- Sunday Competition
- Holiday Camps
- Rules and Policies
These sessions are open to registered ANZA Soccer players on mixed teams from 2016 to U17, and are included in the registration fee. Registration is mandatory each week, by 12 noon on Wednesday. Given our numbers in recent weeks, we are pleased to open Thursday training to interested U17 players, who will be grouped with our U14s.
THURSDAY TRAINING SCHEDULE
- 5pm–5:50pm: 2016/2015/2014/2013/2012
- 6pm–6:50 pm: U10/U11/U12/U14/U17
Please note that Matildas players do not train on Thursdays. If your daughter plays on a Matildas team, you should have been contacted separately regarding her Tuesday training session.
MANDATORY WEEKLY REGISTRATION for Thursday trainings
Our Thursday training sessions require parents to register their children for every session they plan to attend. This is because we are operating under government contact-tracing rules that mandate accurate records of all who are present at each session. This is different from our Saturday programme, which is opt-out because most children attend every Saturday.
Please be reminded that if any member of your household is in quarantine or on a Stay-Home Notice, or has a temperature above 37.5 celsius or any flu/cold symptoms, the family should refrain from participating in any ANZA Soccer activities.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE for Thursday trainings
- Parents must register their children through the online registration page every week.
- Registration now opens every Thursday evening at 7pm.
- Registration closes every Wednesday at 12 noon so organisers have time to create the pitch layout, player groupings, and coach assignments.
- Participation is on a first come, first served basis due to capacity constraints.
- Email the parent volunteer Training Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions. If you register but find you must cancel, email the Training Coordinator ASAP to keep records accurate and allow someone else to take the spot.
- Parent safety volunteers are needed on Thursdays, as on Saturdays. Please indicate your availability to volunteer when completing the weekly registration process, and then look out for communication from the Training Coordinator clarifying whether she will need you as a volunteer or not.
- Our Training Coordinator would much appreciate having a co-coordinator or backup coordinator to help make the process more manageable! Please email her if you are able to help in this way.
PARTICIPATION INFORMATION about the Thursday trainings
- These sessions follow the same procedures as our Saturday sessions regarding Safe Entry check-in via QR codes, social distancing, entry/exit routes, and person-per-pitch limits.
- These sessions are coached mainly by our professional coaches, with help from available parent coaches. Players are mixed within the age group rather than playing with their Saturday teammates only. As on Saturdays, players should wear their ANZA Soccer kit and shinguards, and bring water.
- As well as skills training and conditioning exercises, modified 5 v 5 scrimmages have been introduced for U10s and older to make training sessions more exciting.
- Parents should plan to drop off their children and may NOT stay to watch unless they have received prior permission from the Training Coordinator.
- Parents who have indicated they can volunteer on the registration sheet will be contacted beforehand if they are needed. If you have not been contacted by the Training Coordinator before the start of the session, please don’t plan to stay.
- Parents should NOT ask to be volunteers on Thursday afternoons as a way to stay and watch their children, due to The Cage’s strict person-per-pitch limits. Instead, we suggest you support a business at the Grandstand and socialise over a drink or snack!
- PARENT COACHES are very welcome to join our Thursday training sessions, as this will improve players’ experiences by ensuring 1 coach per group of 5. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out.
It is your responsibility to remember to register your children for Thursday sessions by the weekly deadline of noon on Wednesday. Your AGC may or may not remind you about the process.
If you are worried about forgetting, we encourage you to
- bookmark the registration page.
- set a calendar reminder for yourself so you remember to sign up between Thursday evening and Wednesday at noon each week.
Thank you for your cooperation and support, and we hope to see your children on the pitches for our Thursday training sessions!
ANZA Soccer Committee
- Thursday training sessions registration page
- Thursday Training Coordinator’s email: email@example.com
- ANZA Soccer Protocols
- ANZA Soccer Volunteer Responsibilities
- The Cage Pitch Map
- New players wanting to trial ANZA Soccer should register or use this sign-up link to request a free trial Saturday session. Free Thursday training session trials are not available. Thank you for recommending ANZA Soccer to your friends and colleagues!